Employment with Grafika
Flexo Press Operator
Flexo press operator for expanding shift. Any print experience considered.
Other duties may be assigned
- Moves controls to set and adjust speed, temperature, ink flow, position and pressure tolerances of press.
- Selects and installs printing plates, rollers, and cylinders in machine according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Mounts plates on print cylinders.
- Loads, positions and adjusts unprinted materials on holding fixture or in loading and feeding mechanisms of press.
- Reviews work order to determine ink, stock and equipment needed for production.
- Discards or corrects misprinted materials.
- Dismantles and reassembles printing unit or parts, using hand and power tools, to repair, maintain or adjust machine.
- Cleans and lubricates printing machine and components using oil, solvents, brushes, rags and hoses.
- Removes printed materials from press and transports them to drying, storage or finishing areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Control Precision - ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Visual Color Discrimination —ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Attention to Detail.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply & divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals).
- Ability to listen and read to understand information and ideas.
- Often required to lift and/or move while bending up to 50 pounds or more.
- Often required to stand using hands for 8 hours a day or more.
- Works in air-conditioned environment with moderate to high noise levels.
Education and/or Experience
- Knowledge of printing processes, & quality control;
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience and/or training;
- Any relevant and equivalent combination of education, training and/or
that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
Send your resume to:
c/o Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 2153, Sinking Spring, PA 19608
Click Here to download an employment application.
To schedule an appointment: Call 610-678-8630 and ask for Human Resources or e-mail: email@example.com
Grafika is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.